Saturday, March 21, 2009

Girls take home the $ at Out Like a Lion

Today's womens open race was one of the largest I have been a part of. The field was a total of 33 women: Pro 1,2,3, and Cat 4 with 3 juniors as well. The course was as Pete described it, fast and challenging...but thats what made it fun. Today was my first chance to race with Katie and I was happy to see her before our race. Both of us in the 4's we were more in a "hang on" type mode than anything (at least I was, haha.) The womens open completed 5 laps for a total of 33 miles, and as girls were dropping off alond the way...Katie and I were there, right in the middle of the main pack of CAt 1,2 and 3 riders. Although our legs were pretty burned by the largest hill of the course, we were still there for the field sprint! Katie ended up with a fantastic 7th overall and I was 15th but very pleased to finish with the field. They had a Cat 4 bonus as well today and Katie and I were 1st and 2nd of the Cat 4 racers so we got $, it just makes me laugh to say I got paid for racing my bike this weekend.

-Sirena

2 comments:

PCC said...

Great Job Ladies! Rock On!

Julie said...

Great job out there Saturday! MOB women are bringing it on!